Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Just Add Ink Sketch Challenge

With my Uncles' birthday fast approaching, I thought I would utlise this weeks JAI sketch challenge to make a card for him. I am finding that whilst I am breast feeding I have a lot of time to think about things, especially cards! So I thought of this card early one morning. Here is the sketch challenge:




And here is my card:



I used the torn frame technique that my good friend Sharnee showed me, as well as sponge daubers to create the background for the image inside the frame. I am quite pleased with the result. I just need to get it in the post pronto as my Uncle lives in Scotland!

4 comments:

  1. Love your torn paper frame Kim, this is a great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jodene - fantastic idea for this week's sketch and a great masculine card. Hope you and bub are doing well. Lovely to have you back playing along with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The torn paper frame matches so well with the stamp set and how you have designed your card. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, this is fantastic. I love the torn paper frame, it's just perfect for the stamps you have used on this card for your Uncle. I'm sure he will love it. Thanks for playing along at JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete