Monday, April 22, 2013

Just Add a new technique

Hello There,

With this weeks Just Add Ink Challenge of trying a technique that you haven't tried before and the supplies on hand to try something new, I decided to partake in this weeks challenge.  I have been wanting to try the technique of using alcohol with ink in a spray bottle and bought the supplies a few weeks ago but had not got round to doing anything yet.  I needed to make a birthday card for a very dear friend of mine, who just happens to love green.

This is the card that I made:





The background card is Wild Wasabi which I sprayed, scrunched and spritzed (with the Old Olive marker).  I used the alcohol mixture to dye the flowers and the doily (I used pear pizzazz ink) and was really impressed with how they came out.  I also used the spritzer tool on the doily with the Old Olive marker.   I think all the greens tone in beautifully.

4 comments:

  1. Oooh...l like that look Kim, very shabby vintage! How much fun is the ink/alcohol technique and you have used it beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad our challenge at Just Add Ink encouraged you to give a new technique a go as the results are beautiful. I love your green colour theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely green card, Kim. Don't the flowers dye beautifully? I'll bet your friend will love this. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the green speckled background. The butterfly image really stands out. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete