Thursday, February 27, 2014

Dad's Card

Hello There,

With a card to make for my Dad, I decided to go in search for a challenge for some inspiration and came across two challenges, one at Try Stampin' On Tuesday, which is a layout challenge and one at Shopping Our Stash Weekly of using something Metallic.  Here is the layout design:

 
And here is my card:
 
 




I have used some new products from the Stampin' Up Occasional Catalogue.  I am loving the On Film Framelits, especially when the framelit is inked up before putting it through the Big Shot. I also love, love the Hardwood Background Stamp, definitely a must have.  I have used a stapler to attach the Natural Chevron ribbon and a hardware clip with the "and" sign.  I really love the way that this card has come up.

Thanks for stopping by and may the crafting force be with you!
 

5 comments:

  1. WOW oh WOW your Dad would have TOTALLY loved this special card!! It's awesome Kim! THe WHOLE thing is completely fabulous, every little detail and embellishment!! SUPER DUPER lovely lady!
    SMiles SHarnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! I bought those framelits too (but have yet to use them!!) Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash for the "heavy metal" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A neutral masterpiece :) Thank you so much for sharing with us at Try Stampin on a Tuesday, we sure hope to see you back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love how you used the filmstrip for frames :) So glad you joined us on Try Stampin' on Tuesday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Card! Love the neutral colors and those filmstrip frames are perfect. Great finishing pieces using the staples and the metal clip. Glad you stopped by TSOT and shared your card with us. - Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete